CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My CCA!

Every Monday, Thursday and Saturday, I head to the fourth floor of the CCA block in school, to the Chinese Orchestra rehearsal room. I play the suona which is a sort of oboe that is similar to the recorder. Some of my classmates are also in VSCO, Kai Hui plays the zhonghu, a two-stringed instrument that is of a lower octave than the erhu. Clifford plays the zhongruan, which is a plucking instrument that is similar to the guitar. Charley plays the cello, I don't think that needs much explanation right? Lastly Chen Jie plays the zhong sheng, which is an organ-like instrument.

We have sectionals on Monday and Thursday, on Thursday instructors come down to teach us and refine our playing while on Saturday, we have combined practice with our conductor. I think our main target for this year's Singapore Youth Festival in April is gold, but hey, who knows, awe might get gold with honours! Lately, we have only been practicing two songs, called Song of Cicada and Jiu Ge. Song of Cicada is composed by the father of one of our members.

I really hope we do well for this year's competition, it's all up to us and I believe that every individual is very important. We must all work harder to achieve our goal and bring honour and glory to VS!

0 comments: